Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Copyright-Free Photo Archive

Atlantic salmon eggs

The Copyright-Free Photo Archive says:

The images and photos found in this archive come from three main sources: the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS). Each of these sites clearly state that their photos and images are in the public domain and give the conditions for their use. Please read their statements.

The archive has a (very long and sometimes odd but still useful) list of master keywords to aid your searching, which is how I located the rocket image I used a couple of blog entries ago.  The individual sites also have search options, which might sometimes be a tad more reliable.

There are all sorts of images - space, wildlife, some historic ones, oceans and seas, moons and fish and rockets and all sorts of other things you'd expect (and not) from those archives.  Worth a look (which is why I chose the Atlantic salmon egg image, with its eyes....)

.

2 comments:

Fiona said...

Hi Ruth!
Your blog is truly inspirational. I am a TL-in-training and feel just a little bit out of my depth most of the time! I have now added this photo archive to my favourites and I'm sure it will come in handy. Thanks and keep blogging! Fiona.

Ruth Buchanan said...

Hi Fiona,

Welcome to the happy life of being a teacher librarian! Glad the blog's proving useful, and thank you for the lovely feedback. Cheers, Ruth