Tuesday, May 19, 2009

My Place: the TV series

my place rawlins wheatley
.

From this ABC-TV press release:
.
28/04/2009

.
MY PLACE, ABC TV’s new 13-part, half hour children’s drama series, started shooting yesterday in Sydney.
.
Joining the line up of child actors in MY PLACE is a stellar cast that includes: Susie Porter (East of Everything and Little Fish), Dan Wyllie (Love My Way and Underbelly), Sacha Horler (Love My Way and Grass Roots), Dan Spielman (Mary Bryant and Tom White), Russell Dykstra (Clubland and Romulus, My Father), Leon Ford (All Saints and Changi) and Hayley McElhinney (Blue Heelers and Young Lions.)
.
MY PLACE, based on the award-winning book by Nadia Wheatley and Donna Rawlins, is a captivating series telling the story of one house in South Sydney as told by the children who have lived there for over 130 years. The series is being produced by the award-winning Australian filmmaker, Penny Chapman (Blue Murder, The Track and Brides of Christ.)
.
Read more here, including info about the planned interactive website.
.
If you don't know the book, it's brilliant.  I've always had at least one copy in every high school library I've run.
.
Cheers, Ruth
.
Image source

No comments: