Tuesday, July 20, 2010

You know you're back at school when....

...you hear lots of holiday stories from the kids.  I've found an excellent question to ask is, "And the best part of your holiday was - ?" - gets some great replies.  Although I could have done without the detailed description of one kid's vomit -

- but Miss, you could see -

I DON'T WANT TO KNOW!!

And at recess I got a detailed description of hunting feral pigs (to help the farmers).  Pig-dogs, knives... don't ask.  More than I evah knew before.

The happy life of teacher librarians.  All the news that's fit to print, and some you'd rather avoid.  Bless 'em.

As you could probably tell by the silence on this blog, the end of term got VERY busy around here.  Had a great holiday, back with a more ideas to play with and share.

Cheers

Ruth

3 comments:

Shane Symonds said...

Good to see you're back, Ruth. Life has been very hectic here, I have barely had time to update my blog! That will come...

Have a good term, Shane

Kristy Dempsey said...

Just wanted you to know I love the ideas I'm getting from your blog to spiff up our library. (I'm new this year at an international school in Brazil.) Don't know which plans will work yet, but my mind is whirring! Thanks!

Ruth Buchanan said...

Thank you both!